To Qualify: Register Online @ www.rtsc.org Information Session February 28th, 2022 – Attendance Compulsory TBD Via Zoom
Share this with a friend!
Dates: March 21 - May 6, 2022 for: 7 weeks
Registration closes: February 28th, 2022 @ noon
Virtual Information Session February 28th, 2022 Times TBD via Zoom
Regina Trades & Skills Centre, in partnership with BAC#1, offers a Bricklaying course. The program will provide learners with the basic fundamental knowledge and practical skills needed to gain employment in the Bricklaying industry. There is no tuition to attend our training, and we connect you to industry with a 2 week work placement at the end of the course. Awesome Employers are looking to hire our students and this is a perfect opportunity to start out in a high demand trade!
You will learn about vapour barriers, anchoring, insulation, scaffolding, masonry equipment, mortar mixing and more. You will learn all skills needed to secure entry level employment in this industry.
NOTE: This is a very physically demanding trade and is very labour intensive. A lot of the training is conditioning your body to be a mason tender.
Areas of Study
- Safety Construction Orientation Training (SCOT)
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Fall Protection
- Telehandler Training
- Vapor Barriers, Anchoring, and Insulating Systems
- Mathematics and Measuring
- Masonry Power Equipment Cutting
- Mortar Mixing
- Trowel Experience
- Work Experience
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license an asset
- Criminal Record Check may be required for work placement
- No Education requirement however Grade 12 recommended and Grade 10 Math & Grade 10 Science needed for apprenticeship
- English Language requirement
- Compliance to RTSC Fit For Duty
- Full vaccination strongly recommended
- For more selection criteria, please visit rtsc.org/why-train-with-us