To Qualify: Register Online @ www.rtsc.org Information Session – Attendance Compulsory Tuesday, August 6th @ 1:30 pm
Share this with a friend!
CHILD CARE EDUCATOR
Dates: August 26th - October 25th, 2019 for: 9 weeks
Registration closes: August 6th, 2019 @ noon
August 6th, 2019 @ 1:30pm
The Regina Trades & Skills Centre is putting on an entry-level skills course specific to getting started as a Child Care Educator. There is no tuition to attend our training, and we connect you to industry with a 2 week work placement at the end of the course. Awesome Employers are looking to hire our students and this is a perfect opportunity to start out in a high demand trade!
You will learn about a child care environment, gross and fine motor skills, interaction, communication and planning. You will learn all skills needed to secure entry level employment in this industry.
In order to work full time in this industry you must be in a class working towards your ECE Level 1. RTSC will pay for and enroll you in the Role of Play course at SK Poly.
Areas of Study
- Infant & Child CPR / First Aid
- Safe Food Handling
- Employability Skills
- Early Childhood Environment
- Art, Science, Math and Literacy Skills
- Gross and Fine Motor Skills
- Large and Small Group Interaction
- Enrolment in “Role of Play”
- Work Placement
- Individual must have successfully completed English A30 and B30 (or equivalent).
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and reliable transportation are an asset.
- A Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check will be required upon acceptance into the course (own expense).
- English Language Competency and Comprehensive Essential
- Compliance to RTSC “Fit for Duty” Policy