To Qualify: Register Online @ www.rtsc.org Information Session – Virtual Attendance Compulsory June 22nd, 2021 Times TBD via Zoom
Share this with a friend!
Dates: July 19th - September 3rd, 2021 for: 7 weeks
Registration closes: June 22nd, 2021 @ noon
Virtual Information Session June 22nd, 2021 Times TBD via Zoom
The Regina Trades & Skills Centre is putting on an entry-level skills course specific to working in the Construction Industry. There is no tuition to attend our training, and we connect you to industry with a 2 week work placement at the end of the course. Awesome Employers are looking to hire our students and this is a perfect opportunity to start out in a high demand trade!
You will learn proper use and care of hand and power tools, identification of materials, equipment, basics of concrete, drywall, plumbing and electrical. You will learn all skills needed to secure entry level employment in this industry.
This is a labourer type position which can lead to entry level employment in all areas of the construction industry. It is a physically demanding position which the training will contribute to body conditioning and endurance.
Areas of Study
- Safety Construction Orientation Training (SCOT)
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Construction Site Safety
- Confined Spaces Training
- Fall Protection
- Aerial Work Platform Awareness
- Physical Fitness & Endurance
- Proper Use and Care of Hand Tools
- Proper Use and Care of Power Tools
- Identification of Different Materials used in Industry
- Basic Trades Mathematics with an emphasis on fractions as well as Imperial & Metric measurement
- Grade 10 Recommended
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is an asset
- English Language Competency and Comprehensive Essential
- Criminal Record Check may be required by Work Placement
- Compliance to RTSC “Fit for Duty” Policy
- For more selection criteria, please visit rtsc.org/why-train-with-us