To Qualify: Register Online @ www.rtsc.org Information Session – Attendance Compulsory August 20, 2019 @ 1:30 pm
Share this with a friend!
Dates: September 9 - November 1, 2019 for: 8 weeks
Registration closes: August 20, 2019 @ noon
August 20, 2019 @ 1:30pm
The Regina Trades & Skills Centre is putting on an entry-level skills course specific to Line Cook. There is no tuition to attend our training, and we connect you to industry with a 2 week work placement at the end of the course. Awesome Employers are looking to hire our students and this is a perfect opportunity to start out in a high demand trade!
You will learn knife skills, food preparation, sanitation, recipe reading, presentation and more. You will learn all skills needed to secure entry level employment in this industry.
Areas of Study
- Rights and Responsibilities
- WHMIS / Food Safe/ R & R
- Service Best
- Resume Writing & Interview Skills
- Workplace Etiquette
- Food Preparation
- Knife Skills/ Kitchen Sanitation
- Recipe Reading/ Portion Control
- Roasting/ Searing/ Frying
- Plate Presentation
- Temperature Knowledge & Skills
- Work Placement
- Grade 10 Recommended
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License Recommended
- English Language Competency and Comprehensive Essential
- Compliance to RTSC “Fit for Duty” Policy