Register Online @ www.rtsc.org
Information Session – Attendance Compulsory @ Zoom Meeting
September 6th, 2022 1:30 pm via Zoom
Share this with a friend!
Personal Support Assistant
Dates: September 26 - November 25, 2022 for: 8 weeks
Registration closes: September 6th, 2022 @ noon
Information Session: September 6th, 2022 1:30 pm via Zoom
Regina Trades & Skills Centre offers a Personal Support Worker course. The program will provide learners with the basic fundamental knowledge and practical skills needed to gain employment in a Seniors Care Facility. Graduates will have training in medication assistance, personal care and grooming, vital sign monitoring, communication, cooking and cleaning standards and understanding cognitive and emotional care.
You will learn communication, care and approach. The hands on training combined with the certifications you receive you will qualify you for full time employment in private care facilities.
Areas of Study
AREAS OF STUDY
- WHMIS/ First Aid and CPR/TLR Training/ FoodSafe
- Personal Care Worker Two Day Certificate
- Employability Skills
- Cooking and Food Preparation Skills
- PART Training• Dementia Awareness
- Perineal Care
- Medication Module
- Catheter Care & Oxygen Therapy
- Work Placement
- English Language Requirement
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License Recommended
- A Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check will be required upon acceptance into the course (own expense).
- Proof of Vaccination Required
- For more selection criteria, please visit rtsc.org/why-train-with-us