Register Online @ www.rtsc.org Information Session – Attendance Compulsory @ Zoom Meeting Tuesday, March 30th, 2021 times TBD
Share this with a friend!
Personal Support Assistant
Dates: April 19 - June 18, 2021 for: 9 weeks
Registration closes: March 30th, 2021 @ noon
Info Session: March 30th, 2021 times TBD via Zoom
Regina Trades & Skills Centre offers a Personal Support Worker course. The program will provide learners with the basic fundamental knowledge and practical skills needed to gain employment in a Seniors Care Facility. Graduates will have training in medication assistance, personal care and grooming, vital sign monitoring, communication, cooking and cleaning standards and understanding cognitive and emotional care.
You will learn communication, care and approach. The hands on training combined with the certifications you receive you will qualify you for full time employment in private care facilities.
Areas of Study
AREAS OF STUDY
- WHMIS/ First Aid and CPR/ TLR Training/ FoodSafe
- Personal Care Worker Two Day Certificate
- Employability Skills
- Cooking and Food Preparation Skills
- PART Training
- Dementia Awareness
- Perineal Care
- Medication Module
- Catheter Care & Oxygen Therapy
- Work Placement
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License recommended
- A Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check will be required upon acceptance into the course (own expense).
- English Language Competency and Comprehensive Essential
- Compliance to RTSC “Fit for Duty” Policy