To Qualify: Register Online @ www.rtsc.org Information Session – Attendance Compulsory March 20th, 2023 @ 1:30 Via Teams
Share this with a friend!
Dates: April 10 – June 2, 2023 for: 8 weeks
Registration closes: March 20th, 2023 @ noon
Virtual Information Session: March 20th, 2023 @ 1:30 Via Teams
Regina Trades & Skills Centre offers an entry level Powerline Technician course. The program will provide students with the basic fundamental knowledge and practical skills needed to gain employment in the Powerline industry. This industry and training requires a high level of physical fitness for the trade, including working at heights, comfort and agility.
You will learn about hand and power tools, materials, equipment, pole climbing, rigging and more. You will learn all skills needed to secure entry level employment in this industry.
Areas of Study
- Safety Construction Orientation Training (SCOT) & Construction Site Safety
- Rights & Responsibilities/WHMIS/Fall Protection
- Aerial Platform Awareness
- Introduction to Transmission & Distribution Systems
- Trades Mathematics/Hand & Power Tools
- Work Standards & Practices
- Electrical Theory
- Pole Climbing (Pole Testing for Safe Climbing)
- Rigging/Hoisting & Lifting
- Work Placement
• Grade 12 Recommended (Apprenticeship requirements are Grade 11 Math and Grade 11 Science)
• A Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check may be required by your work placement
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License required
• Compliance to RTSC’s fit for duty policy (most employers in this industry will require a pre-access drug and alcohol test)
• English Language Requirement
• For more selection criteria, please visit rtsc.org/why-train-with-us