To Qualify: Register Online @ www.rtsc.org Information Session – Attendance Compulsory February 18th, 2020 @ 1:30 pm
Share this with a friend!
Dates: March 9th, 2019 - April 24th, 2020 for: 7 weeks
Registration closes: Feb 18th, 2020 @ noon
Information Session: Feb 18th, 2020 @ 1:30pm
The Regina Trades & Skills Centre is putting on an entry-level skills course specific to becoming an entry-level Residential Roofer. There is no tuition to attend our training, and we connect you to industry with a 2 week work placement at the end of the course. Awesome Employers are looking to hire our students and this is a perfect opportunity to start out in a high demand trade!
You will learn about hand and power tools, materials, architectural shingles, underlayment, sheeting, replacement, sealants, flashing and more. You will learn all skills needed to secure entry level employment in this industry.
Areas of Study
- Safety Construction Orientation Training (SCOT)
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Fall Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Basic Hand Tools / Power Tools
- Installation of Architectural Shingles
- Sheeting / Replacement
- Sealants / Weatherguard
- Basics of Roof Ventilation
- Work Placement
- Grade 10 Recommended
- A Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check may be required by your work placement
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License recommended (may be mandatory with some companies)
- Compliance to RTSC’s fit for duty policy
- English Language Requirement
- For more selection criteria please visit rtsc.org/why-train-with-us