To Qualify: Register Online @ www.rtsc.org Information Session – Attendance Compulsory Feb 19th, 2019 @ 1:30 pm
Share this with a friend!
Dates: March 11th, 2019 - April 26th, 2019 for: 7 weeks
Registration closes: Feb 19th, 2019 @ noon
Information Session: Feb 19th, 2019 @ 1:30pm
The Regina Trades & Skills Centre is putting on an entry-level skills course specific to becoming an entry-level Residential Roofer. There is no tuition to attend our training, and we connect you to industry with a 2 week work placement at the end of the course. Awesome Employers are looking to hire our students and this is a perfect opportunity to start out in a high demand trade!
You will learn about hand and power tools, materials, architectural shingles, underlayment, sheeting, replacement, sealants, flashing and more. You will learn all skills needed to secure entry level employment in this industry.
Areas of Study
- Safety Construction Orientation Training (SCOT)
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Fall Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Basic Hand Tools / Power Tools
- Installation of Architectural Shingles
- Sheeting / Replacement
- Sealants / Weatherguard
- Basics of Roof Ventilation
- Work Placement
- Grade 10 Recommended
- Class 5 Driver’s License Recommended
- English Language Competency and Comprehensive Essential
- Criminal Record Check may be required by Work Placement
- “ZERO” Tolerance for Impairment due to Alcohol and/or Drugs