To Qualify: Register Online @ www.rtsc.org Information Session – Attendance Compulsory July 16, 2019 @ 1:30 pm
Share this with a friend!
STEEL STUDS & DRYWALL
Dates: August 6 - September 20, 2019 for: 7 weeks
Registration closes: July 16, 2019 @ noon
July 16, 2019 @ 1:30pm
The Regina Trades & Skills Centre is putting on an entry-level skills course specific to becoming an entry-level Steel Stud and Drywall trades person. There is no tuition to attend our training, and we connect you to industry with a 2 week work placement at the end of the course. Awesome Employers are looking to hire our students and this is a perfect opportunity to start out in a high demand trade!
You will learn about steel stud framing, drywall board installation, hand application of tape, mudding and sanding. You will learn all skills needed to secure entry level employment in this industry.
Areas of Study
- Safety Construction Orientation Training (SCOT)
- Fall Protection
- Aerial Work Platform Awareness
- Steel Stud Framing
- Drywall Board Installation
- Hand Application of Tape
- Mudding & Sanding
- Knowledge of Materials
- Knowledge of Tools & Application
- Work Placement
- Grade 12 or GED Recommended
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License Recommended
- English Language Competency and Comprehensive Essential
- Criminal Record Check may be required by Work Placement
- Compliance to RTSC “Fit for Duty” Policy