Who We Are
With good entry level skilled labourers being in demand due to retirements and labour shortages, the demand for new workers is growing. Yet, most employers don't have the time or resources to recruit or train new staff themselves. Programs at the larger technical institutes can be lengthy or financially out of reach. In the case of apprenticeship, a job in the trades is required before you can be indentured.
So, how do employers find qualified people and how do YOU get your boot in the door?
RTSC, of course!
The Regina Trades & Skills Centre was established as a not-for-profit with two main goals:
- Deliver short-term trades and skills training that leads to entry-level jobs in industries where workers are in high demand.
- Work with industry to develop and deliver relevant and recognized programs that are responsive to industry needs for trained and skilled workers.
Regina Trades and Skills Centre courses are taught by experienced tradespeople. Our course offerings change throughout the year and stay attuned to the demands of the labour market. All RTSC courses include:
- Specific occupational training, both practical and theoretical.
- Training in Occupational Health and Safety and Workplace Essential Skills.
- Program Coordinators work with employers to link them with course participants prior to the completion of training.
Regina Trades & Skills Centre is succeeding! RTSC grads are getting jobs, many are going on to apprenticeship and feedback from employers is positive.
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Click to show error